Welcome to DisneyBizJournal.com - News, Analysis and Reviews of the Disney Entertainment Business!

Brought to fans, investors, entrepreneurs, executives, teachers, professors, and students by columnist, economist, novelist, reviewer, podcaster, business reporter and speaker Ray Keating

Monday, October 7, 2019

Casey’s Corner Hot Dogs During Baseball Postseason

by Ray Keating
Review
DisneyBizJournal.com
October 7, 2019

The baseball postseason is in full swing, and that gets me thinking about the fact that my Cincinnati Reds, once again, are nowhere to be seen. On the positive side, the baseball playoffs also get me thinking about food – in particular, hot dogs. After all, baseball and hot dogs simply go together; the combination is so American!


Among the many times I’ve visited the Magic Kingdom, I rarely stopped at Casey’s Corner on Main Street, U.S.A. Shame on me. During my latest visit in September, though, I finally managed to stop in – and the visit was too brief.

If you’re looking for a hot dog in Walt Disney World, Casey’s Corner is the place to go, and yes, it offers baseball décor. (Don’t forget that Mighty Casey struck out.)


The menu rates as a hot dog lover’s dream. There are the stalwarts, namely, the Bacon Macaroni & Cheese All-Beef Hot Dog and the Chili-Cheese All-Beef Hot Dog (each also available as a foot-long). And then there are dogs available for a limited time. Currently, that specialty offering is the Fried Pickle Hot Diggity Dog, featuring a dog topped with roasted green and red peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, fried pickles, chipotle ranch and green onions. This baby comes as a foot-long as well, and there also are Fried Pickle Loaded French Fries.

I had the Bacon Macaroni & Cheese dog with fries. I ask: How could I not? Bacon, Mac & Cheese and a hot dog. It didn’t disappoint. The key with any such offering is the hot dog itself, and Casey’s serves up a strong, thick, hearty dog. A weak tasting hot dog is, well, just not worth it. The bacon and rich Mac & Cheese made for a sloppy, delicious combo. 


My only disappointment was that my schedule only allowed for a limited tasting. Next time, it’ll be about testing most of the menu at Casey’s Corner. Hey, somebody has to do it.

As I’m writing this, I have the playoffs on in the background, and I find myself longing for that Casey’s dog. Ah, baseball and hot dogs ... and the Magic Kingdom!

Ray Keating is the editor, publisher and economist for DisneyBizJournal.com, and author of the Pastor Stephen Grant novels. He can be contacted at  raykeating@keatingreports.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment