by Ray Keating
July 4, 2019
I have great admiration for the entrepreneurs who drive the American economy forward. One of the great entrepreneurs of the 20thcentury certainly was Walt Disney. I also admire Lou Mongello, a current-day entrepreneur who launched the WDWRadio Podcast, ranks as a true Disney expert, and also is an author and a social media guru.
On this Fourth of July, I turn to a piece that Lou Mongello wrote several years ago titled “Top 10 Walt Disney Quotes About America.”
Here’s the list of quotes from Walt courtesy of Lou:
- “Disneyland would be a world of Americans, past and present, seen through the eyes of my imagination – a place of warmth and nostalgia, of illusion and color and delight.”
- “I’ve been selfishly indulging myself as an American… as a United States citizen… enjoying all privileges that one has as a citizen, and it’s only times like this that you sort of wake up to … what it really means to be a citizen.”
- “Actually, if you could see close in my eyes, the American flag is waving in both of them and up my spine is glowing this red, white, and blue stripe.”
- “I believe that this spiritual and intellectual freedom which we Americans enjoy is our greatest cultural blessing. Therefore, it seems to me, that the first duty of culture is to defend freedom and resist all tyranny.”
- “Laughter is America’s most important export.”
- “Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America… with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
- “I get red, white, and blue at times.”
- “In my view, wholesome pleasure, sport, and recreation are as vital to this nation as productive work and should have a large share in the national budget.”
- “In America, we are guaranteed these freedoms. It is the constitutional privilege of every American to become cultured or to grow up like Donald Duck.”
- “Tomorrow will be better as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life.”
Thanks, Lou! And God bless, America!
Ray Keating is the editor, publisher and economist for DisneyBizJournal.com, and author of the Pastor Stephen Grant novels. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you enjoyed this article, and since I am the author of the Pastor Stephen Grant novels and short stories, can I ask you to take at least one (preferably more) of the following steps?
1) A new Pastor Stephen Grant novel – DEEP ROUGH – is coming very soon. You can pre-order the Kindle edition, or the signed book.
2) Please join the Pastor Stephen Grant novels and short stories email list, and get the upcoming short story, THE TRAITOR, for free! Sign up here.
3) Buy one of the other Pastor Stephen Grant novels or short stories at Amazon.comor signed books at www.raykeatingonline.com.
4) Become a member of the Pastor Stephen Grant Fellowship, and get all kinds of FREE stuff, including each new book in the Pastor Stephen Grant series. Check out the levels and benefits here.