by Ray Keating
June 6, 2019
How about a tropical Fall and Christmas holiday season in 2020? Sounds good to me. Of course, I’d like a tropical holiday in 2019, but when it comes to Disney and its offerings to customers, it takes time to plan. And the Disney Cruise Line has just announced its plans for Halloween on the High Seas Cruises and Very Merrytime Cruises in 2020.
Cruises will depart from New York, Texas, Florida and California bound for ports of call like Cozumel, Costa Maya, Tortola, Grand Cayman, Saint Thomas, Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island paradise), Nassau, Key West, Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta, Bermuda, Cartagena, Colombia, and the Panama Canal.
On the non-tropical fronts, there also will be cruises journeying to Canada’s Halifax (Nova Scotia) and Saint John (New Brunswick), as well as a sail across the Atlantic.
As for the Halloween on the High Seas Cruises, they will be departing between late September and late October. According to Disney, entertainment will include:
- Mickey's Mouse-querade Party – Shiver in delight during a scare-a-bration alive with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals bedecked in Halloween attire.
- Halloween Activities – Unearth frightful fun for the entire family, including mask-making and pumpkin-carving.
- Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream – It’s “Season’s Screamings” during this interactive movie experience, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea – Listen to a ghost story or two during an eerie campfire-style storytelling experience on deck.
- Halloween Isn't Just for Kids – Shudder and shake at this adults-only party that includes a costume contest.
And on the Very Merrytime Cruises, leaving from November through the end of December, the fun will feature:
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic Ceremony – Kick off the season during this festive gala where kids can help light the ship’s Christmas Tree.
- Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball – Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for a grand celebration in the atrium featuring Broadway-quality entertainment, Disney Characters and classic holiday tunes. Then, experience extra enchantment when a pair of royal sisters stops by and ushers in a flurry of “frozen” fun—plus a magical snowfall.
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party – Candy-cane limbo, dancing and games—share in the yuletide magic of the season during this jovial celebration.
- Santa Claus Meet-and-Greet – Share hugs and snap photos with the one-and-only Kris Kringle before he takes to the sky to deliver gifts to the children of the world.
- Disney Character Greetings – Meet some beloved Disney Characters in jolly holiday attire and take one-of-a-kind pictures to cherish throughout the year.
- Gingerbread House – Made completely from edible ingredients, the ship’s gingerbread house is a life-sized treat that you can photograph, but can’t eat!
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus – Gather the children in the atrium to hear Mrs. Claus read well-known Christmas stories from her rocking chair by the tree.
- Themed Activities and Crafts for Kids – Decorate stockings, create festive cards, embark on a holiday scavenger hunt and more—it’s Christmas cheer for the young and young-at-heart.
- Youth Parties – Teens and tweens can party it up with new friends during music and dance extravaganzas that fill the air with joy.
- Holiday Merchandise – Pick up exclusive, holiday-themed Disney Cruise Line gifts for family and friends—and make Christmas wishes come true.
Festivities on December 24 and 25 also will include “Cookies on Christmas Eve” and caroling.
According to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Cruise Lines rankings, the Disney Cruise Line ranked best for family cruises and Caribbean cruises. And out of the 167 ships assessed, the Disney Fantasy came in fourth best, the Disney Magic was sixth, and the Disney Dream and Disney Wonder tied for 15th.
Ray Keating is the editor, publisher and economist for DisneyBizJournal.com, and author of the Pastor Stephen Grant novels. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you enjoyed this article, and since I am the author of the Pastor Stephen Grant novels and short stories, can I ask you to take at least one (preferably more) of the following steps?
1) Please join the Pastor Stephen Grant novels and short stories email list, and get the upcoming short story, THE TRAITOR, for free! Sign up here.
2) Buy one of my Pastor Stephen Grant novels or short stories at Amazon.comor signed books at www.raykeatingonline.com.
3) Become a member of the Pastor Stephen Grant Fellowship, and get all kinds of FREE stuff, including each new book in the Pastor Stephen grant series. Check out the levels and benefits here.