by Beth Keating
November 23, 2022
As you recover from the food fest that is Thanksgiving, you and your family will be able to enjoy Disney’s annual “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration.” It airs this Sunday, November 27, 2022 from 8:00 p.m.-10 p.m. (eastern time), or stream it the next day on Hulu and Disney+.
If you’ve visited the Disney parks in the past few weeks, you might have been able to catch a glimpse of some of the celebrities recording their performances ahead of the big special. The segments were filmed at Walt Disney Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in California, and, for the first time, on board the Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Disney Wish.
The performances will incorporate a mix of holiday classics as well as popular hits, and will also sneak in a promo for Avatar: The Way of Water, coming to theaters on December 16, 2022. A bevy of guests will also chat about some of their own family holiday traditions.
Brother-sister duo Derek and Julianne Hough of “Dancing With the Stars” fame (among other Disney productions) will return as hosts of the event, which will include musical numbers from a dozen other entertainers, including a performance by Trevor Jackson from “grown-ish” onboard the Disney Wish.
“The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” will bring additional numbers from the following stars:
- Derek Hough and Julianne Hough – “Such a Night,” “My Favorite Things,” “I Gotta Feeling” medley
- Becky G – “Frosty The Snowman” and “What Christmas Means to Me” with Chloe Flower and Ne-Yo
- Black Eyed Peas – “A Cold Christmas” and “I Gotta Feeling”
- Chloe Flower – “Carol of the Bells” and “What Christmas Means to Me” with Ne-Yo andBecky G
- David Foster and Katharine McPhee – “Jingle Bell Rock”
- Il Volo – “Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful)”
- Jordin Sparks – “Trapmas Medley”
- Maren Morris – “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
- Meghan Trainor – “Here Comes Santa Claus” and “Made You Look” medley
- Ne-Yo – “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)” and “What Christmas Means to Me” with Chloe Flower and Becky G
- Run DMC – “Christmas in Hollis”
You can also tune in to the “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” on December 25, 2022, from 10 a.m.-noon (eastern time) on ABC (or stream live on Hulu to all subscribers), where many of the same artists will offer up Christmas Day performances, in addition to the beloved annual parade featuring a float with Santa himself.
Beth Keating is a theme parks, restaurant and entertainment reporter for DisneyBizJournal.
Post a Comment